Sunday, March 28, 2010

Grandma's 80th Birthday

So Colby's grandma turns 80 this week, and we're having a big family party for her today. So that mean, cake for 65 people. And sheet cakes....I don't particularly like sheet cakes, they are boring ;) But I took the time to make gumpaste flowers for her cake. They are so time consuming and these cakes took me all day yesterday assembling and making flowers (yes I'm still learning and hopefully can get faster at this). I also need to perfect writing on cakes, not too good at that. And I had some issues with the cakes themselves, but overall, I think she will like them. I made her favorite flowers, Gardenias and favorite colors in peach and light aqua, and even another sheet cake because her favorite cake is german chocolate, mine too! Good Choice! Hope she likes it, Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment