Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday cakes!

Colby's mom's birthday was this week so I was asked to make her a cake! And of course I wanted to, I need the practice! So this is what I came up with for her! It turned out cute and I was quite pleased with it, for my first square tiered cake!

So this cake was definitely a learning experiment. My nephew Coleton turned 3 and they wanted a geo trax cake for him. So I had it all envisioned out in my mind of what I wanted to do. Of course, it's all easier said than done. It didn't quite go as I had expected and turned out to be a little harder than I'd hoped for. And it didn't help when the fondant I used was too soft, kept tearing and just was not very workable. I will never use that kind again! But in the end, if you don't look too close, it's pretty cute!

2 comments:

  1. So cool!! I love the purple one, I wouldn't have the patience good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amber i dont know if steph dyet got a hold of you yet im stephs older sister jenn i have a baby girl zuri that is turning one in may. I saw your awsome creations and steph suggested maybe you could make zuri's first cake i have a couple of pic of some cakes that i like and would like to show you if it is some thing that looks like you could do you can call me at 1-435-881-1221 and i can show you on the web which ones im looking at thanks jenn bassett

    ReplyDelete